The Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End anime adaptation has received a new key visual, which depicts the titular protagonist and her new party members, Fern and Stark.
It was also announced that more information about the fantasy show will be revealed on September 1 at 12 AM JST.
Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End is based on the Shogakukan-published fantasy manga written by Kanehito Yamada and drawn by Tsukasa Abe, which was the grand prize winner of Manga Taisho 2021. The TV anime will debut on September 29 with a two-hour special.
Viz Media describes the manga as:
Decades after their victory, the funeral of one her friends confronts Frieren with her own near immortality. Frieren sets out to fulfill the last wishes of her comrades and finds herself beginning a new adventure…
Keiichirou Saitou (Bocchi the Rock!) is directing the anime with Tomohiro Suzuki (One-Punch Man) as series composer, Reiko Nagasawa (takt op.Destiny) as character designer, and Evan Call (Violet Evergarden) as music composer. MADHOUSE is the animation production company. Other staff include:
• Daiki Harashina (takt op.Destiny D2 designer) as magical creature designer
• Tooru Iwazawa (takt op.Destiny) as action director
• Sawako Takagi (Bleach) as art director
• Harue Ohno (A Place Further Than the Universe) as color designer
• Akane Fushihara (Spy x Family) as compositing director
Meanwhile, the cast includes:
• Atsumi Tanezaki as Frieren
• Nobuhiko Okamoto as the hero Himmel
• Hiroki Touchi as the priest Heiter
• Youji Ueda as the warrior Eisen
• Kana Ichinose as Fern
• Chiaki Kobayashi as Stark
The Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End manga began serialization in Weekly Shonen Sunday in 2020 and has 10 tankoubon volumes published under the Shonen Sunday Comics label as of March 2023.