The stage play adaptation of Chainsaw Man, Chainsaw Man The Stage, has released its main visual, cast details, and more.
Notably, the enigmatic, red-haired Makima is being played by Aya Hirano, best known for her role as the titular character in the anime adaptation of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Coincidentally, Chainsaw Man creator Tatsuki Fujimoto credits Haruhi Suzumiya as the reason for his becoming an otaku during his middle school days.
The other cast members of Chainsaw Man The Stage are:
• Naotake Tsuchiya as Denji
• Mizuki Umetsu as Aki Hayakawa
• Mahiru Coda as Power
• Minami Tsukui as Himeno
• Haruki Iwata as Kobeni Higashiyama
• Kou Kanegae as Hirokazu Arai
• Masashi Taniguchi as Kishibe
• Masahide Tada as Chainsaw Man
• Yutaka Nakasone as Chainsaw Man
• Ore no Graffiti as Samurai Sword
• Shouma Yoshioka as Samurai Sword (transformed)
Fumiya Matsuzaki (SSSS.Gridman and Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Hakai ni Yoru Sakusei Re: (in)novation stage plays) is directing and writing the play.
Chainsaw Man The Stage will debut at Tennozu Isle’s The Galaxy Theatre on September 16, where it will run until October 1. It will later be performed at Kyoto Gekijo from October 6 to 9.