A third trailer and key visual have been released for the upcoming romantic comedy The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses ahead of its newly revealed July 4 Japanese premiere date.
The trailer previews more new scenes and the ending song “Megane Go-Round” by “2.5D” unit Masayoshi ga Megane wo Wasureta (composed of singer Masayoshi Ooishi and main characters Kaede Komura (Masahiro Itou) and Ai Mie (Shion Wakayama).
More cast members were also announced, including:
• Aya Uchida as Asuka Kawato
• Minori Suzuki as Maho Toyama
• Ryouhei Kimura as Ren Azuma
• Yuusuke Kobayashi as Tomo Yasaka
• Shino Shimoji as Narumi Someya
• Saki Miyashita as Yuika Hibuchi
• Kentarou Tone as Tokita
The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses is based on the manga by Koume Fujichika, which began serialization in Square Enix’s Monthly Gangan Joker in 2018 and has 10 tankoubon volumes as of January 2023. The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses was originally a Twitter comic.
Comikey describes the plot as:
“If we can continue to keep getting closer like this, I’ll be happy…”
Kaede Komura has a huge crush on his seat partner, Mie-san. She, however, has terrible eyesight, and tends to either forget or break her glasses.
The anime is produced by GoHands with a main staff that includes:
• Chief director: Susumu Kudou (Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood director)
• Director: Katsumasa Yokomine (Scar on the Praeter, W’z episode director and storyboarder)
• Scriptwriter: Tamazou Yanagi (Scar on the Praeter, W’z)
• Character designer and chief animation director: Takayuki Uchida (W’z)
Kudou, Yokomine, Yanagi, and Uchida are also involved in the GoHands-produced anime adaptation of The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today, which is also premiering in July.