The Ragna Crimson anime adaptation has received an almost two-minute-long second trailer and additional cast information. A September 30 premiere date was also revealed.
Chief among the newly announced voice actors are Reina Ueda as the Winged Monarch Ultimatia (the character in this article’s featured image), a dragon who is the First Seat of the Blood of the Wing, and Takehito Koyasu as Grymwelte, the Tenth Seat of the Blood of the Wing. The others are:
• Shunsuke Takeuchi as Disas Trois
• Kouzou Shioya as Temruogtaf
• Yoshihito Sasaki as Michael
• Takashi Matsuyama as King Femud
• Nobutoshi Canna as Future Ragna
Ragna Crimson is based on the Square Enix-published dark fantasy manga by Daiki Kobayashi, which began in 2017 and has 11 tankoubon volumes as of August 2022. Penguin Random House describes the story as:
Dragon hunters: warriors armed with special silver weapons who kill their prey for bounty. Lowest among their ranks is Ragna, who forms an improbable partnership with the young genius Leonica, a master dragon slayer with more kills to her name than almost any other. All Ragna wants is to stay by Leonica’s side, but his dream is shattered by an attack from the deadliest dragon imaginable…
The SILVER LINK-produced anime’s staff includes:
• Director: Ken Takahashi (Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA Licht Nameless Girl assistant director)
• Character designer: Shinpei Aoki (The Dungeon of Black Company prop designer)
• Series composer and scriptwriter: Deko Akao (When Will Ayumu Make His Move?)
Meanwhile, the main cast includes Chiaki Kobayashi as Ragna, Ayumu Murase as Crimson, and Inori Minase as Leonica.
The Ragna Crimson manga is serialized in Monthly Gangan Joker and published under the Gangan Comics Joker label.