The Shadowverse Flame anime has received a trailer and key visual for its upcoming “Seven Shadows Arc,” which begins in July.
The new arc also marks the fifth cour of the show, which premiered in April 2022.
Shadowverse Flame is inspired by the Shadowverse digital collectible card game that first launched in 2016. Crunchyroll describes the plot as:
Light Tenryu came to Shadowverse College without knowing the first thing about Shadowverse and joined Seventh Flame, a Shadowverse club on the verge of being shut down. He falls in love with playing Shadowverse while working with his friends Subaru Makabe and Itsuki Mitsutagawa to find new club members.
He faces off in fierce battles against opponents using a wide array of cards, and finally succeeds in recruiting Gentleman, Ren Kazamatsuri, and Tsubasa Takanashi to his team. Now Seventh Flame is reborn, and he and his friends are challenged to enter the Shadowverse Club Tournament that will decide who’s the strongest of them all.
The staff of the ZEXCS-produced show includes:
• Director: Keiichirou Kawaguchi (Higurashi: When They Cry: SOTSU)
• Assistant director: Naotaka Hayashi (Kageki Shojo!! episode director)
• Series composers: Rintarou Isozaki (Shadowverse) and Deko Akao (Komi Can’t Communicate)
• Card art director: illustrator Ponzu (Shadowverse game card artist)
• Character designer: Hiroki Harada (Shadowverse)
• Sub-character designer: Yasunari Nitta
• Original character designers: Gakuya Okada, Mikeboshi, Hesun, and Onineko
Meanwhile, the cast includes Yuuto Uemura as Light Tenryuu, Shiori Izawa as Dragneel, Hibiku Yamamura as Itsuki Katsutagawa, and Kazuki Ura as Subaru Makabe.