AnimeJapan has released the results for the 5th Manga We Want to See Animated Rankings, with Pomu‘s Senpai wa Otokonoko (Senpai is an Otokonoko) topping the list.
The LINE Digital Frontier-published manga, which began in 2019 and has one tankoubon volume as of December 2021, sees freshman student Saki Aoi confessing to the second-year Makoto Hanaoka, only for the latter to reveal that they are a cross-dressing boy rather than a girl. Instead of losing interest in Makoto, Saki is enthusiastic at the idea of being able to enjoy two different “versions” of her senior and declares that she will endeavor to become Makoto’s first love. Senpai wa Otokonoko was the 2nd runner-up in the web category of Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Taishou 2021.
Coming in 2nd and 3rd place respectively are the isekai title Aru Hi, Ohime ni Natteshimatta Ken ni Tsuite (Regarding the Incident Where I Became a Princess That Day), which is written by Spoon and drawn by Plutus, and the boys love manga Nito and Tazuka’s Daily Life by Satoutoshio. Both are published by Kadokawa.
The other manga that made it into the 5th Manga We Want to See Animated Rankings are:
- 4) Magu-chan: God of Destruction by Kei Kamiki (Shueisha)
- 5) Oshi no Ko written by Aka Akasaka and drawn by Mengo Yokoyari (Shueisha)
- 6) Solo Leveling by Chugong (Kadokawa, D&C Media in Korea)
- 7) Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! by Yuu Toyota (Square Enix)
- 8) The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You written by Rikito Nakamura and drawn by Yukiko Nozawa (Shueisha)
- 9) Wind Breaker by Niisatoru (Kodansha)
- 10) Kaiju No. 8 by Naoya Matsumoto (Shueisha)
The manga that are available in English include Magu-chan: God of Destruction, Kaiju No. 8, The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You, Solo Levelling and Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?!.
AnimeJapan 2022 is set to be held from March 26 to March 27.