The official website for Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song- published a roundtable discussion about the original anime project’s initial production details featuring Tappei Nagatsuki (the author of Re:ZERO), Eiji Umehara (screenplay for Re:ZERO), WIT Studio’s George Wada and Joe Otoni, and Aniplex’s Yuma Takahashi (producer for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba).
Some key highlights from the discussion include:
- – Umehara reached out to Nagatsuki to write a novel to serve as a concept for the anime project.
- – The two work on the story and novel since 2016.
- – Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song- is described to fit the Sci-Fi genre and will feature elements of AI, music, and the concept of time (a key element in Re:Zero).
- – Shinpei Ezaki was selected as the director thanks to his past experience working on Attack on Titan.
- – Ezaki recommended Yuichi Takahashi as the character designer. Takahashi is credited for working on various anime project key animations including Mob Psycho 100 (opening) and character design for FLCL Alternative.
- – Aniplex joined the project in 2017 and producer Yuma Takahashi became involved as the on-site producer and oversaw the music.
- – Satoru Kosaki (music for BEASTARS, Kizumonogatari) was then selected as the music producer for the series as a result.
- – The novel both Umehara and Nagatsuki worked on will be published at a later date.
Aniplex of America and Funimation announced the show will premiere on April 3. Funimation describes the series as:
An AI named Matsumoto appears before Vivy, the world’s first autonomous humanoid AI. Matsumoto’s mission is to rewrite history together with Vivy, in order to stop the war between AI and humans that will happen one century later.
"Vivy -Fluorite Eye's Song-", the newest production from the acclaimed WIT STUDIO and writer Tappei Nagatsuki, will be premiering on @FUNimation this Saturday, April 3rd!— Aniplex of America (@aniplexUSA) March 29, 2021
For more information, visit the official website: https://t.co/6BW9Sn2rei pic.twitter.com/gmw7Rl6eFI
Source: Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song- official website