The official website for the Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou (I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home) anime adaptation revealed a new key visual along with the show’s cast.
The cast includes:
- Yoshida – Kazuyuki Okitsu
- Sayu Ogiwara – Kana Ichinose
- Airi Gotō – Hisako Kanemoto
- Yuzuka Mishima – Kaori Ishihara
- Hashimoto – Yuusuke Kobayashi
- Asami Yuuki – Natsumi Kawaida
As for the staff, they include:
- Director – Manabu Kamikita
- Series Composer – Akao Deko (also known as Hitomi Mieno)
- Character Designer – Takayuki Noguchi
- Art Director – Lin Ge
- Director of Photography – Tomoya Kamijou
- Sound Director – Jin Aketagawa
- Music Composer – Tomoki Kikuya
Project No. 9 is in charge of the animation production while Dreamshift is producing the show. The two companies worked together before on The Ryou’s Work Is Never Done!. Magic Capsule and Pony Canyon are in charge of sound production and music production respectively.
The anime is based on the light novel series written by Shimesaba and illustrated by Booota. Anime News Network describes the story:
26-year-old Yoshida is an employee at a major IT company. He meets a high school girl on his way home after drinking. Yoshida’s crush had decisively rejected him after he pined for her for five years, and he had decided to drink his sorrow. Sayu, the runaway high school girl he meets, says they could sleep together if he lets her stay with him. Yoshida chides the girl for the suggestion but eventually lets her stay with him.
The light novels are published by Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko. They began as novels serialized on the website Kakuyomu, and later received a manga adaptation by Imaru Adachi that was published in Kadokawa’s Monthly Shounen Ace magazine.