Bushiroad made several announcements for the D4DJ project in a special presentation livestream. The anime, D4DJ First Mix, is confirmed to begin airing on October 30, and will be available subtitled in 15 languages and dubbed in 3 languages on the following platforms across various regions.
Six new cast members were revealed to be joining the franchise as characters involved with the “D4 Fes”, which the six main units collectively dream of reaching. In addition to two new duos named “Scarlet Canary” and “LynxEyes”, the first male roles in D4DJ were confirmed.
The new cast members are:
- “Scarlet Canary” – Amano Airi (CV: Nana Mizuki) & Kase Mana (CV: Arisa Komiya)
- “LynxEyes” – Shano Himegami (CV: Raychell) & Touka Takao (CV: Hinako Umemura)
- Ryuujin Kofune (CV: Toru Furuya)
- Dennojou Inuyose (CV: Naoto Takenaka)
- Kuu Mitsuhashi (CV: DAIGO)
- Haruki Kaibara (CV: Hisanori Yoshida)
The anime’s opening theme, “Guru Guru DJ TURN!!” was also revealed with a special movie.
The presentation concluded with a new PV for the mobile game, D4DJ Groovy Mix, which will release in Japan on October 25.
A global version of the game was confirmed at Anime Expo Lite in July of this year, though no date has been announced.
Source: email correspondence, official YouTube channel